US history is rich with military service and honoring those who serve. The Department of Defense has always taken care of the men and women who serve in all branches of the armed forces.
VA loans were created by the VA as a way of providing an option similar to FHA loans, but with 100% financing for those who served in the military. Some key benefits of VA loans include, but are not limited to:
- No down payment is typically required
- No PMI premium requirement
- Closing costs are limited and may be paid by the seller
- The lender may not charge a prepayment penalty if you pay off the loan early
- VA loans have competitive interest rates